This is my love.
Photo courtesy of the Fun, Cheap for Free Queen, Jordan.
Side note: How short am I?
We still hang out. Just about every night. More importantly, we still date. Every week.
Sometimes it is dinner:
Maybe a movie:
Sometimes it’s hanging out with the food trucks downtown:
We love to check out local events happening in our community:
Or we head to the water park and I risk my life on water slides:
Basically, we just like to party like it is 1999!
Sometimes we just have a date night in with very specific rules (because I can get easily distracted).
Don’t miss the research at the bottom of the list on WHY date night rules!
- No phones, iPads or computers.
- So, obviously no social media.
- No chores, doing dishes or cleaning up.
- Which means take out for dinner.
- Wait until the kids are sound asleep. One of us will put all the kids to bed while the other grabs dinner.
- Been a long day and the whole fam needs take out? Pick up a little something extra for your date, like chips and dip or fancy desserts. Something that can be kept in the fridge until after the littles are in bed.
- Snuggling is required if watching a movie.
Not into movies? Don’t have a sitter? Need to save a little cash? The Dating Divas have an awesome list of Stay-at-home Date Nights.
Don’t forget to date each other! It’s fun and it is important? Need a little research on why dating is still important?
The National Marriage Project (INCREDIBLE RESEARCH!) at the University of Virginia
Can date-night deals save your marriage? from The Washington Post
Date Nights Improve Marriage, Better Your Sex Life from The Inquisitr
Date Nights: They Make Your Marriage Work from Huffington Post
‘Date night’can improve marriage, sexual satisfaction from USA Today