Attention all you readers out there that email me and comment and apologize for not knowing me and “stalking” my blog… guess what? IT. IS. OKAY.
You are welcome here. In case you are embarrassed to comment or feel like you are lurking, allow me to share with you some information that will help us get to know each other better.
- My name is Mrs. R.
- I turn 30 this spring.
- I have two beautiful babies, 16 months apart.
- We are sterile at The R House …and we like it that way.
- I have really buttery, soft teeth.
- I don’t like chocolate.
- I sing in the shower every single day.
- I slipped and fell on the ice so hard on Sunday that millions of blood vessels popped in my knees.
- I sometimes feel like my life is falling apart at the seams and have to force myself to get dressed and leave the house. Then I go to my happy place: Target.
- I once had a pixie hair cut that was shorter than my dad’s hair (photos to come).
- I have plans to go to law school when my babies are grown.
- I only kissed two boys in college–one guy from the UK and Mr. R.
- I am in love with a freckle on Mr. R’s face.
- I am in a custody/adoption battle for my baby.
- I am opening an adoption jewelry store in the next month or so with two of my best friends (details to come.)
- I hate to do dishes.
- I eat a lot of oranges.
- Chips and salsa are a meal.
- If I could live with my parents’ for the rest of my life, I totally would. They are the funniest people ever.
- I was terrified of Santa until I was in like 6th grade. I would pray every Christmas Eve that I wouldn’t see or hear him at my house.
- I peed my pants (except I was wearing a pink dress) when I was in third grade.
- I have had many near death experiences–some too sacred to share.
- Sugar makes me itchy.
- I love to sing opera. I prefer Italiano.
- I was a total tomboy when I was in elementary school.
- Mr. R and I have 100s of love letters that we wrote to each other while on missions for our church.
- Mr. R and my first kiss was after we knew each other for 5 years. It was among the monuments in downtown DC …and it was perfect.
- I need to clean the toilet in my bathroom.
- I love dark movies and TV.
- ET terrifies me. Still.
There. Now we are friends. Only friends know that I peed my pants in THE THIRD GRADE. Only friends know about the guy I kissed from the UK (we called it “The British Invasion.” I found out later that he was engaged. Opps. Does that make me a home-wrecker?)
I have introduced myself. Now you introduce yourself. Go ahead, un-stalk yourself. Delurk. We are friends now …and please, don’t ever apologize to me for reading my blog. I am glad to have you as a blogging friend.
P.S. If you ever tell one of my former third grade students that I peed my pants in third grade, we will no longer be friends.