It’s April Fools Season.
For us infertile folks, it’s a day to avoid Facebook which will no doubt be replete with fake pregnancy announcements. It can be a trigger.
But what if you can’t avoid Facebook? Some people, like me, make a living on social media. Instead of giving you a long essay on how this day stinks and why fertility feelings are tender, let me present you with some solutions. Surely there are other things to lie to your family and friends about once a year instead of a fake baby. Need some ideas?
1. Agree with anything Gwyneth Paltrow has said. Ever.
2. Announce that you’ve found the way to balance it all as a mother …that one will be sure to bring a hearty laugh.
3. Declare that you are going to quit Facebook. Caution: No one is going to believe you.
4. Talk about how much you love kale.
5. Think of the most exotic land you’ve always wanted to visit and announce that you are moving there.
6. Start a rumor that Facebook will have yet another design change and watch people meltdown.
However, if none of my examples are doin’ it for you and you absolutely are not creative enough to think of another “prank” to pull other than announcing a fake pregnancy on social media, can I encourage you to take this prank to the next level? <—Sarcasm, friends. I am sure you are just as horrified as I am that such a site even exists. A scammer’s paradise! Hopeful adoptive parents BEWARE!
Happy April Fools Day.
May the force be with you.