Happy Halloween Hang-over!
If you’re like us, you had a lovely time hunting and gathering treats with your family last night. I am just as excited as my sons to see what the haul brought us–with visions of Baby Ruth, Snickers and Reese’s dancing in my head.
We eat our kids’ halloween candy. We do it every year. Not ALL of it, but we def take a cut. Let me share with you reasons why you should not feel guilty about dipping into the loot:
- Mommy/Daddy Tax: We live in a day of heavy taxation. I don’t think that is going away any time soon. It’s best to prepare your children for the future.
- Costume Stress: We are the ones running around like crazy helping them get all the pieces for the perfect costume. All that stress makes a mama hungry …for a Kit Kat.
- Cost of Costume: Money doesn’t grow on trees, kids. In this house candy can be used as currency once a year.
- Refined Palate: My kids think Nerds and Bottle Caps are “like the best candy ever”. Their little palates don’t quite understand the beauty of the Milky Way or refreshing sensation of the York. Allowing them to eat such delicacies seems like a waste of “good candy” on tastebuds that won’t even appreciate it.
- Save the Children: You never know when a North Dakota-like woman will be calling the neighborhood kids fat and handing out letters to children she thinks are overweight. “My hope is that you will step up as an adult and ration candy this Halloween and not allow your child to continue these unhealthy eating habits,” she says. It seems obvious to me that eating my kids’ candy is the perfect solution to all our problems.
And there you go! Enjoy your Mommy Tax guilt-free …I know you are sneaking a fun size for breakfast.